The city of North Miami takes seriously the safety of our community. With the war in Israel getting worse, city leaders are working with the Miami-Dade Office Of Emergency Management (OEM) around the clock. Additionally, our Police Chief, Cherise Gause, participated in a statewide call with The Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE). The following steps have been taken thus far:
- A schedule has been created providing 24-hour North Miami staffing at the Miami-Dade Emergency Operations Center (EOC)
- Police Officers have been posted at the following locations for the weekend starting today:
Temple Beth Moshe
Yeshiva Elementary School
- All units are on heightened alert for any suspicious activity around the city.
- We are in communication with our neighboring cities and will be for the weekend.
- All alerts and updates from the Miami-Dade EOC will be forwarded to City Leadership
- Acting NMPD Commander Llerena and Major Brinson will monitor all information coming out of the Miami-Dade EOC and from our Officers for the duration of this mobilization.
If you have any questions, please let me know.